AID:Tech is looking for a React Native Developer to join our growing team in Dublin. The successful candidate will champion and lead the building of secure, robust, and high performance mobile applications.
AID:Tech is a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We expect the successful candidate to be proactive to take ownership of the role whilst work effectively as part of a team with a collective goal to deliver genuine social impact through our offerings.
- Design and build React Native application for the iOS and Android platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality mobile applications using React Native. Act as a subject matter expert for the team
- Good understanding of usability principles for mobile and ability to deliver a slick and polished UI
- Strong communication skills - able to liaise with clients (internal/external) on the design and implementation of solutions
- Able to write maintainable, clean & well-documented code
- Comfortable within an agile environment with strong emphasis on good test coverage
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
GOOD TO HAVE
- Web development exposure – React
- Backend development exposure – Node.js
- Proficient with TypeScript
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of design principles (Material design and Human Interface Guidelines)
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Blockchain knowledge and practical experience on permissionless (Bitcoin, Ethereum) or permissioned (Hyperledger Fabric/Sawtooth, MultiChain, BigchainDB)
- Cryptography/Math background (Asymmetric crypto, hashing, elliptical curve)
- You understand what scale-ups entail. Like us, you are lean and mean, and you are not a 9-5 kind of worker bee - you are happy to go an extra mile to make sure things are done, and done well.
- You communicate clearly and decisively.
- You are articulate, in both speech and writing, complex concepts and details, in a concise and simple manner.
- You are well versed in remote collaboration - particularly great if you’re familiar with Slack and other communication tools. You are happy working both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- You set (ours and your) expectations realistically and strive to go above and beyond them.
- We know you don’t know everything, and that is okay. But it is important you are keen to learn anything you set your mind to. You are continually learning and are never complacent about yourself and your skills.
You will undergo:
A 60 MINUTE INTERVIEW
The interview will ensure you actually have the abovementioned skills (we don’t expect you to have all skills, except in the “necessary” section). The technologies we use today are in bold.
A 1-2 WEEK TECHNICAL ASSESSMENT
A moderately challenging technical problem where you will deliver something useful to AID:Tech. It will require some ingenuity and initiative on your part, and we will ask you to demonstrate it in action and later help us implement it for our purposes. We will of course assist if you get stuck on specific technical problems, so please stay in touch throughout, as we also want to see how we get on and communicate.